St Wilfrid’s Centre need a full time Welfare Worker
Job Title: Welfare Worker
Full-time Position: 35 hours Monday to Friday
Contributory Pension and 24 days holiday excluding bank holidays
Our vision: why we are here
To improve the health, wellbeing and happiness of adults from across Sheffield.
Our mission: what we do
St Wilfrid’s Centre is a therapeutic community providing a safe place, a diverse range of enriching activities and individual support.
Our values: principles we will work within and promote
· We are inclusive and welcome everyone. Our services are informed by clients, volunteers and staff working together.
· We are creative and try different ways of engaging people.
· We are empowering and work closely with each person to help them achieve their aims.
· We are respectful and understand that some people just want a safe place to be.
· We are trustworthy. We maintain an environment where trusted relationships are developed.
An opportunity has arisen to join St Wilfrid’s Centre at an exciting phase in its development. We are looking to recruit a full-time Welfare Worker to join a team who are committed to helping people improve their health, wellbeing and happiness.
The Welfare Worker will work directly with clients, taking on a workload as directed by the Welfare Manager and be responsible for understanding the needs of clients who have been formally referred as well as those who self-refer to the Centre. The Worker will be expected to network with other agencies and the local community to promote client integration and access to appropriate services as well as promoting the Centre to increase referrals.
1. Positively endorse in his or her work the Centre’s Mission Statement and values.
2. In common with the other employees of the Centre the worker to work as part of the Centre Team.
3. Experience of working with vulnerable people and an understanding of the issues affecting them.
4. Ability to actively listen to clients & to respond to their needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
5. A working knowledge of other agencies to which they can signpost clients to provide the most relevant support.
6. Experience of contributing to data monitoring.
7. Ability and licence to drive the minibus to enable client activities.
8. Experience of planning and preparing for group and key working sessions.
9. Ability to act in a professional manner and adhere to Centre Policies at all times.
10. IT literate and able to maintain and develop effective administration, information and database systems.
How to apply
Please send a CV with covering letter which clearly shows how your skills and experience match all 10 points of the person specification. Send to email@example.com. The deadline is 5pm on Thursday 3rd October 2019. Interviews will be held on Friday 11th October 2019. For any enquiries please contact Louise on 0114 2555720.