External Support is vital for the Centre, so where does it come from?
We have a small staff team of only a dozen or so. Our volunteer pool however, is about 100 and rising. We are really proud of such an impressive team who provide and share many skills. Without them the Centre would be unable to operate. Duties undertaken by volunteers include kitchen and cafe work, tutor assistants, clothes store organisers, hairdresser, door persons and social interaction.
As well as this core team of people who work within the Centre there are many more who support us in so many ways. Just a few in no particular order are:
- Catering Staff from Claremont Hospital Trust
- Directors and staff from Sheffield United Football Club (donations and match tickets)
- Sheffield Wednesday Football Club for tickets and support
- Crisis Fareshare
- Many small local businesses
- Other Agencies and Statutory Bodies
- The SVP Furniture Store
- Halfords (for visitor parking)
- Students, Staff and Parents of Catholic High Schools in and around Sheffield
- Local Catholic Parishes undertake a monthly collection of pre-specified non-perishable food items.
- Local primary schools and churches provide harvest festival produce
- Business in the Community
- Charitable Trusts
- Regular Gift Aid Donors